I woke up on Monday, July 14th and my eyes went immediately to the clock. I wanted to see the time at that precise moment because I wanted to recall what I was doing three years ago at that exact time. It was 9:23a.m. and I was in Labor & Delivery waiting to be taken into the operating room at 10a.m. to deliver Bailee. The memory of her delivery and her being wheeled from the room is a constant thought that never dims. It was five days before I saw her with my own eyes or touched her for the first time. It was close to ten days before I actually held her for the first time. The memories are always fresh...as if it was yesterday. It's ironic but I don't think there will be anything else that will ever impact my life as much as Bailee's birth has.
I looked at her on Monday and caught myself just watching her. I do that all the time...just get caught up watching her. I watched her grow. I mean literally from this one pound-thirteen ounce baby to this talking toddler. She's saying complete sentences (some I still can't understand), she's counting, and singing the abc's. It's a new word everyday and I'm always in awe. I smile too because she always brings me pause. She is like a sponge absorbing what I say or listening to Brittini. She repeats everything just right. Brittini says "sure" and Bailee has decided to use the word this week.
So, I called her over to the bed as I called up all those memories and she was circling the room getting her bearings. She was starting her day. I began to sing "Happy Birthday" to her. She smiled not really understanding the concept of a birthday but I could see she was processing it and liked that word. I think she believed she had a great word to repeat because throughout the day whenever someone wished her "Happy Birthday" she would say "Happy Birthday".
It's pretty mind blowing that "3" years have passed by so swiftly. It's been such an experience being Bailee's mommy. I have truly loved every moment so far....
"Happy Birthday Bay"

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Big girl!!!
-h
Post a Comment