Monday, June 23, 2008

WOW, WOW, and WOW

I spent the entire afternoon and a big part of the evening with Anthony. He was worth my time!! I have never been a real cautious woman because if something or someone evoked a stir then caution had no place. That's what I felt when we left Starbucks. It was one of those decisions I made on the fly. Not looking at the consequences because I didn't see any.
I admit there's only been one other man that oozed that type of pull for me. Still there is no comparison between the two experiences. I know men of this 'type' exist but my experience has always been limited. There were qualities I sought in a man that I have often compromised my position. I have to admit there is something for a man that knows himself. A man that is a MAN! His silent presence screams so much more about who and what he represents. It's in his walk. It's what he says. It's ...it's CONFIDENCE!! He doesn't have to advertise who he is because while I'm paying attention I get it. That's what I saw and felt about Anthony. I just wanted to be around him. Made no difference if the time was five minutes or all night. I just wanted that quiet presence that encapsulated so much of who he was. OK, so if that's rambling and makes no sense it does to my heart. When asked..."what is it about me that attracts you to me?" That wasn't an easy question to answer. To my way of thinking it required thought and a response that was honest. Not something like..."I think you're handsome!" It shouldn't be an easy answer. It should require thought--at least that's what I thought when he asked me.